Saturday 26 March 2011

Work in Progress I: Update

This post is an update to one of my previous work in progress preview paintings. Hopefully I can show a bit of my painting process.

Oil on canvas board 30" x 20"

I have just completed another full layer to this painting and I am pleased with its progress! There is still some work to continue on this painting; the next work is to add some glazes when this current layer has dried. The tonal values of this painting are still being worked on but these will all come together with the next few glazes and layers!

Whilst waiting for this painting to dry I am now working in rotation on two other paintings whilst sketching some others.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Lois! What are your plans for this one, SEA perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura! And yes I'm hoping so, though only if I feel happy enough with it of course!!

    ReplyDelete