Friday 14 January 2011

Unseen Photograph 4: Moloko

Champion Gelding Moloko (Piligrim x Metelica 8)
With the long cold winter days still stretching on ahead a while, I thought it would be nice to go back to last summer and to the Royal Norfolk Show. I have regularly exhibited paintings there, and also enjoyed the morning Arabian classes. For some reason I did not post any of my photographs to my website and feel that this photo should have an opportunity for public display.

This is Moloko who gave a wonderful display of the Arabian 'snort and blow' which led a man next to me to inquire "do people actually ride these horses!" Luckily I could point out Dervatiw Gwyddion (also in the ring) who is a ridden, dressage and sports horse champion stallion.

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Lisa!!...lovely pic of Moloko!! I dont s'pose your saw Gwid win the stallion class there??...He also decided he could put on his own ''snort and blow'' show...Bless him...he is 16 now!..he won the class and then went back in for the ridden and managed a second as he was a bit overwhelmed by the atmosphere beforehand!! Hee Hee !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I've only just seen this! I don't know if I did as I couldn't stay for the ridden classes.. just struck me this stranger turned to me all bewildered about whether arabs can be ridden or not !!!

    ReplyDelete